In many states, Child Labor laws require production companies to hire tutors for kids who work on film, television, commercial or print photography or any other type of production. In California, these child tutors are licensed by the state and are called Studio Teacher/Welfare Workers. It is the responsibility of the production company to hire a Studio Teacher/Welfare Worker for the education of all minors under 18 years of age. In addition to tutoring kids on set, a Studio Teacher’s job is to look after the health, safety and welfare of the working child.

To view our list of available Studio Teachers, click here

For Production Companies

If you are a production company that is required by law to provide tutoring for kids, whether you require a California Certified Studio Teacher or a credentialed teacher from another state, Children In Film can help you locate qualified, reputable teachers. Simply search teachers and tutors in our Membership Directory or contact us directly to book your teacher today.


While studio teachers are required in some states for the purpose of tutoring kids on set, other states do not have this requirement. We encourage you to learn the laws in your state and the states in which you intend to work so that you know what you can expect and can request a teacher if necessary.

For Teachers and Tutors
If you are interested in becoming a California Certified Studio Teacher, Children In Film can help. You can learn which states require tutors and get listed in our member directory so production companies can find you. Join our nationwide network today by following the link below.